Growing New Animal Rights Activists
In 2021, there were an estimated 79 million vegans worldwide. And out of that 79 million, only around 1% actively advocate for animal rights and welfare regularly. Animal Activism Mentorship, an organization fueled by Farmed Animals Rights Movement (FARM), wants to increase the number of activists fighting for the animals. The organizations hope to create a new generation of activists by offering guidance for those individuals who wish to be more active in the animal advocacy community. AAM’s core goal is “to eradicate the normalization of violence and oppression against all sentient beings by growing a culture of empathy and compassion.” And in turn, Achieve Animal Liberation for all sentient beings.
How To Join AAM
Animal Activism Mentorship is a free guidance program that began in 2020. They have fostered numerous aspiring activists through their first protests, animal rescues, street activism demonstrations, and more. When a person signs up with Animal Activism Mentorship, AAM will pair them with a mentor to support their animal activist path. AAM and its mentors provide guidance, education, and community to vegans looking to expand their activism. In addition, the AAM website holds many training videos to address common questions and concerns. Animal Activism Mentorship also regularly hosts educational and informative workshops online via the Zoom platform.
Attend An AAM Event
AAM regularly hosts events both online and in-person. Their fourth in-person event, the Animal Activism Mentorship Atlanta Assembly, will occur on February 19-26 in Atlanta, GA. This eight-day event welcomes activists of all levels and will provide personal mentors for new activists. The event will provide:
- Education on various forms of animal rights activism.
- The history of different campaigns.
- Organize your own actions.
- The most effective ways to enact change.
The event page on Facebook states that “Activists of all skill levels will be getting hands-on experience with the pressure campaign tactics, as well as other forms of activism like outreach, vigils, sanctuary visits, etc.” (AAM Atlanta Assembly Facebook Page)
Some other events by Animal Activism Mentorship’s are happening soon, including:
- Vigils-Bearing Witness as Activism on January 4, 2022
- Greenwashing Our Food: Sustainable Labels Won’t Save the Planet on January 13, 2022
- Establishing an Animal Rights Organization on February 3, 2022, at 7 PM, features guest speaker Alex Hershaft, president and co-founder of Farmed Animal Rights Movement (FARM).
- Humane Washing Our FoodHumane Washing Our Food: Cage-Free, Free-Range, Humane: What the Labels Really Mean on February 10, 2022
For more information on joining Animal Activism Membership or attending an event visit their website at animalactivismmentorship.com
You must log in to post a comment.